FREE COURSE (OR VERIFIED CERTIFICATE FOR $99 USD)
This course will introduce the main tenets of the Toyota Production System, which includes Just-in-Time manufacturing, quality management tools, and the critical concept of Kaizen, the Japanese practice of continuous improvement. You will also learn about the key organization and managerial approaches that are used in Lean.
You will learn how to analyze process flows in order to establish process capacity and identify the process bottleneck. You will then calculate resource utilization and cycle time to evaluate the impact of set up times, batching, defects and reworks on key process performance measures, including inventory, flow rate and flow time.
What You’ll Learn
- The history and background of Lean production and the complementing elements of quantity and quality control.
- To measure production performance and how defects and waste degrade performance.
- To understand the importance and role in Lean Production of the customer “Takt.”
- To improve process performance through the application of Lean principles, including setup time reduction, batch optimization, and defect elimination.
- To explain the importance of Total Productive Maintenance and the widely-used metric Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- To understand the difference between push- and pull-systems and how the implementation of pull systems reduces waste.
- To apply elements of Lean production including Heijunka, Kanban, Jidoka, and Poka-Yoke.
- To apply the 5S methodology for establishing and sustaining a productive work environment.
No Reviews found for this course.